1. you must be 18 years or older or have permission from a parent or legal guardian to use this site.
2. you are responsible for keeping your password secure.
3. you must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate other aftown.com users or administrators.
4. you may not use our services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. users agree to comply with all local and international laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
5. you alone are responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“content“) that you submit, post, and/or display on aftown.com
6. you must not modify, adapt, or hack aftown.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with aftown.com.
7. you must not create or submit any unwanted email or conversations (spam) to any of aftown’s members
8. you must not transmit any worms, viruses, or any code of a destructive nature through aftown’s platform.
9. you must not violate any laws in your jurisdiction via the use of the aftown.com services.
violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your aftown.com account. while aftown prohibits such conduct and content on our site, you understand and agree aftown.com is a venue and that the staff and administration are not responsible for the content posted on our site. know that you use aftown.com services to your own advantage or disadvantage.
aftown® reserves the right to modify or terminate any or all aftown.com services for any reason without notice at any time.
aftown® reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions at any time.
aftown® reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
you may delete your account at any time. know that in doing so, you will delete all music listings with no refund.
neither aftown.com or aftown are retailers. we act as a platform to allow an individual who complies with our policies to offer, sell, and buy african music that comply with our policies. aftown is not involved in the actual transaction between musicians and their fan base. we have no control over the quality, safety, or the legality of music/songs advertised; the truth or accuracy of the listings; the ability of musicians to sell their music/songs or the ability of fans to pay for music.
because aftown.com is a venue, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you dissociate aftown® and the entirety of our staff, (officers, directors, agents, and employees) subsidiaries, and joint ventures from any and all claims, demands, and/or damages of every kind under every circumstance.
aftown® does not control the information provided by any user. you may find other users’ information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using aftown.com. know that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. by using aftown.com, you agree to accept such risks and that aftown® (i.e. our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) is not responsible for any and all acts or omissions of users on aftown.com.
by using the service provided by aftown.com, you, the user, acknowledge the existence of, and, agree to pay any and all fees for the listing and selling of your music/song while subject to no refunds, excluding special circumstances. any discordance with these term of use may result in account termination.
all rights reserved.
prohibited, questionable and pirated music
“your information” is defined as any information you provide to aftown®.com or other users in the registration, the listing process (includes music and descriptions), in any public message area, or through any email feature. you and you alone are responsible for your information, and the aftown®.com service acts only as an inactive medium for your online distribution and publication of your information.
“your activities” include, for example, listing music/songs, buying or streaming music/songs, under listings and in any public message area and/or email.
restricted activities: your activities which results in your information (or music listed) on aftown.com shall not:
1. be false, inaccurate or misleading;
2. be fraudulent or involve the sale of illegal, counterfeit, stolen items, or items and services which violate the aftown.com code of conduct;
3. infringe upon any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
4. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
5. be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
6. be obscene or contain child pornography, or otherwise shall be subject to the mature content rules as outlined in the aftown®.com code of conduct;
7. contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, easter eggs, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
8. create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our isps or other suppliers; and
9. link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that:
• are identical to other items you have for sale but are priced lower;
• are concurrently listed for sale on a website other than aftown.com (this does not prevent linking to or advertising an aftown.com item from another web site; or
• you do not have a right to link to or include.
integrity: you may not take any actions that may undermine the integrity of the feedback system. aftown® may, without prior notice, limit the number of purchases and listings, which you may place on aftown.com based upon the level of your feedback. if you earn a low percentage feedback rating, your account will automatically be flagged for staff review, at which time your membership may be fully or partially suspended, and you may be unable to list or buy.
export: you acknowledge that your feedback consists of comments left by other users and a composite feedback number compiled by aftown®. further, you acknowledge that the composite number, without the feedback comments, does not convey your full user reputation. because feedback ratings are not designed for any purpose other than for facilitating transactions between aftown®.com users, you agree that you shall not market or export your aftown.com feedback rating in any venue other than an aftown® operated website.
import: aftown.com does not provide you with the technical ability to import feedback from other websites to aftown®.com because a composite number, without any corresponding feedback does not reflect your true online reputation within our community.
without limiting other remedies available, aftown® may, without prior notice, limit your activity, immediately remove your music listings, warn aftown.com’s community of your actions, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend, or terminate your membership (without refunding any fees) and refuse to provide our services to you if:
2. aftown.com is unable to verify or authenticate any of your information especially paypal email or user email; or
3. aftown believes that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, aftown.com users or aftown as an entity.
aftown®, aftown®’s subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, joint ventures, and suppliers provide aftown.com and other services by aftown® “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. aftown®, aftown’s subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, joint ventures, and suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. this warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
any and all content uploaded to the site including text, descriptions, images, reviews, posts, and articles retains the original copyright of the owner/creator. by accessing the site and uploading content the creator agrees to grant worldwide non-exclusive right to re-publish said content for the purposes of promoting or providing benefit to the web community and properties of aftown®.
this license extends to the reasonable lifetime of any promotional tool. aftown.com does not seek to engage in resale or to deprive the artist of income from potential licensing agreements with third parties. in order to facilitate this please send any requests for specific action along with proof of copyright ownership to our legal agent
in no event shall aftown®, and (as applicable) aftown’s subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, joint ventures, or suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising, including negligence).
you agree to indemnify and hold aftown, and, as applicable, aftown’s mother company,subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, and joint ventures harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys. fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
you shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your music listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
if any provision of this agreement is held unenforceable, then such provision will be modified to reflect the parties’ intention. all remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
you and aftown are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this agreement.
resolution of disputes
aftown.com would like to keep your business. in the event a dispute arises between you and aftown.com, please email our support team at email@example.com and we will try our best to find a solution. any user - to - user disputes should be reported to your local law enforcement, postmaster general, or a certified mediation, or arbitration entity.
disputes between you and aftown® regarding aftown’s services may be reported to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
our administration reserves the right to change this agreement at any time.